We get it. You are here because you are looking for the easiest fix for the common error “last line no longer available on iPhone 13.” When you try to make a call from your default phone number on the iPhone 13, this message commonly occurs repeatedly.
We’ll give you eight hacks you can use until Apple announces a patch in this post. The solutions we give you today will resolve the error in most cases unless it’s something very serious causing the error on your iPhone 13.
- Explaining the “last line no longer available on iPhone 13” error message
- Solutions to Fix the “Last Line No Longer Available on the iPhone 13” Error Message
- 1. Reset the network configurations
- 2. Delete any recent calls from your call log
- 3. Take out and re-insert the SIM card
- 4. Rebooting the iPhone 13
- 5. Turn Airplane Mode on or off
- 6. Update your iPhone
- 7. Turn off the Search Contacts feature
- 8. Change the SIM card in your phone from one to another
- Wrapping Up
Explaining the “last line no longer available on iPhone 13” error message
Before we do anything else, let’s figure out precisely what the dilemma is. When you try to make a phone call, you encounter an error. It probably has to do with the iPhone’s e-SIM. Starting with the iPhone XR, newer models have dual-SIM capabilities. The iPhone will only give an error when connecting from the default line.
It seems that Apple is reluctant to deal with the issue, even though it has been there for years. But don’t worry. Below are not just one but eight solutions to fix the common error message, “last line no longer available.”
Solutions to Fix the “Last Line No Longer Available on the iPhone 13” Error Message
This is the point at which you get frustrated when the notification of last line availability comes on your iPhone every time you want to make a call. But don’t worry. You can easily rectify the problem. If you are experiencing this problem, here are several solutions you may try.
1. Reset the network configurations
A software fault on your iPhone may cause the inability to access the line on your iPhone. So, resetting the settings will be sufficient to deal with this situation.
Open your “mobile settings” and choose “General” from the drop-down menu. Tap on “Reset.” And then “Reset Settings.” Because it does not wipe your phone data, you do not need to backup your data.
2. Delete any recent calls from your call log
If you have an e-SIM, the “last line no longer available” bug points to that in most cases. But many iPhone 13 users say that clearing their recent call logs from their phone app solves the problem.
To clear your recent call logs on iOS, open the Phone app and choose Recents > Edit > Clear. In the popup that appears, select the option to “Clear All Recents.”
You may want to think twice before proceeding with the process of cleaning your call logs, even if it is a simple one. And this is because you will not be able to retrieve this log in the future. Calls from unknown numbers that you have not saved as contacts in the last few days are a good indication that you should do so.
3. Take out and re-insert the SIM card
Some iPhone 13 users have reported success with the following method:
- Power off the iPhone
- Remove the SIM card and wait a minute
- Re-insert the card before powering on the phone
To remove the SIM card, either use an approved Apple SIM removal tool or a thin tool such as a bent paperclip to pry it out of the slot. To open the SIM tray door, put it into the hole in the door. You first need to take the card out. Then put it back into the tray and push it in.
4. Rebooting the iPhone 13
Users have long been recommended to “switch it off and turn it back on” as a computer repair procedure that dates back to the early days of desktop computers. It’s a surprise that it works on iPhones, too. To reboot your iPhone 13, follow the procedures outlined below:
- Press and hold the iPhone 13’s power button until the slider appears.
- Slide it to the right after it appears to turn off the phone.
It should be at least 30 seconds before you start to use your phone again.
5. Turn Airplane Mode on or off
When you turn on or off airplane mode, it can do some amazing things. Using the airplane mode on your smartphone, whether it’s an Android or an iOS device, may resolve various network-related problems. If there is a problem with the mobile network, airplane mode could also help us address the Last Line No Longer Available error. On the iPhone, turning on airplane mode is a cinch.
- Swiping down from the upper right corner of the screen will bring you to the control center.
- To activate Airplane mode immediately, tap on the emblem that looks like an aircraft.
- Disable Airplane mode after a few seconds by tapping on the same symbol.
- Try calling again to check whether it’s fixed after waiting for the phone to find the network again.
6. Update your iPhone
Your iPhone may get updates regularly. However, you do not keep your iPhone’s software up-to-date. Your iPhone will experience a variety of issues as a result of this. When dealing with a scenario like this, you may also see the error “last line no longer available.” An update for your iPhone is necessary for this. You must follow the steps outlined below to do this.
- You can go to the iPhone’s settings as the first step.
- Scroll down and choose “General” from the drop-down menu.
- Check to see if there’s any software update available for your iPhone 13
- If there are any updates available, be sure to install them.
7. Turn off the Search Contacts feature
According to several Apple Community members, the deactivation of Contact Search resolved the problem. This step is rather simple: turn off the search contact function.
Go to Settings>Contacts>Siri and Search> Disable search for contacts, then restart your phone.
8. Change the SIM card in your phone from one to another
Using two SIM cards on your iPhone? Switch between them and see whether you can make a call now that you’ve switched. You’ll save time and effort by not having to switch between multiple platforms every time you want to call. You can change your default line for calls and texts by tapping on the “I” button next to a contact you want to call, selecting your default phone number on the screen. And now, tap on your new number.
Switch between SIM cards if you’re manually dialing the number by hitting your main phone number from the top of your screen and choosing your other SIM card.
Everything has been said and done. Follow the methods outlined above to resolve the Last Line No Longer Available problem on your iPhone 13. Most likely, one of these approaches will successfully rectify the situation. Then, what if the problem continues to occur? If the problem persists, please get in touch with AppleCare Products. If anything additional can be done, they will inform you of what to do.