If you’re looking for the method to “how to connect two AirPods to one iPhone,” you’ve come to the right place. This is useful for various purposes, such as watching the same TV show on Apple TV or Netflix or listening to the same playlist on Apple Music or Spotify.
For two AirPods to work together on the same iPhone, you’ll need a set of compatible headphones as well as an iPhone that is both compatible. Compatible iPhones include those with iOS 8 or later.
A Step-By-Step Guide on How to Connect Two AirPods to One iPhone
Once you’ve double-checked that your AirPods and iPhone are compatible with each other, pairing them is simple. The simple procedure for connecting the second pair of AirPods is as follows:
- On your iPhone, go to the Home screen.
- It’s time to open up the case of your AirPods or AirPods Pro. Now, take your AirPods out of their smart cases and place them close to your iPhone for 60 seconds.
- An animation for the setup will appear.
- Select “Connect” from the drop-down menu.
- Read the screens and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the task.
- To finish, hit “Done.”
- The AirPods will be automatically configured on any device signed in to the same iCloud account as the owner.
- If you access the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone, you should be able to see both pairs of AirPods listed in the device menu.
Using Two Pairs of AirPods to Listen to the Same Music
Having two AirPods connected to your iPhone makes it simple for another person to listen in on what you’re doing on your phone. You may control the audio output by connecting your iPhone to a friend’s iPhone or using any AirPlay menu.
- In order to access the control center on your iPhone, swipe down from the top right corner of the screen. You must swipe up from the bottom of the screen on an iPhone that does not have a home button in order to access the Control Center.
- To make the “Now Playing” widget expand, tap and hold it for a few seconds.
- Tap the AirPlay button.
- A new window will pop up. And this will list all of the devices that are currently available. Your AirPods will be the current output device, which will be selected by the system. The second set will follow yours.
- The empty checkmark button next to the second pair of AirPods should be clicked.
- Audio will now be able to be received by both pairs of AirPods.
You have the option of controlling the volume of each AirPod individually or as a group. You may adjust the volume as a pair by sliding the volume slider bar at the bottom of the widget up or down. If you just want to adjust the volume on one pair of AirPods, you may do so by sliding the volume slider bar located underneath the names of the individual AirPods.
This functionality is only available on Bluetooth 5.0-enabled devices. Currently, this function is supported by any iPhone 8 or higher running iOS 13 or higher.
- You can take a friend’s iPhone and have them place it on top of yours.
- You will be prompted on your iPhone with a pop-up option. And this will ask whether you want to share the audio from your iPhone with your friend’s AirPods.
- Click “Share Audio” from the drop-down menu.
- It will be necessary for your buddy to confirm this action on their iPhone before proceeding. Have your friend click the “Confirm” button to begin sharing audio.
- In the AirPlay menu, you’ll be able to access both of your AirPods simultaneously. It is through this menu that you can control the playback and volume.
How to Disable Audio Sharing on the iPhone
- Navigate to the control center.
- Select the AirPods with whom you no longer wish to share audio by tapping on the little check symbol next to them.
If you and your friends or family members all have Apple AirPods for listening to music, there may be several instances in which you wish to play the same song at the same time. Furthermore, although you may manually play the same audio track on each of your phones, Apple provides a far more convenient method. Fortunately, the AirPods include an audio sharing capability that can be used.
It’s not difficult to accomplish it now if you’ve read all of the information on how to connect two Apple AirPods to one phone at the same time that we’ve provided you with so far.
Also Read: How to Connect AirPods to a MacBook Air/Pro