Knowing how to sign a document on an iPhone would be pretty beneficial to anybody who uses one of these smartphones. Why? You can’t overstate the importance of being mobile when it comes to business, can you? You can quickly and precisely sign any document attached to an email from anywhere, whether you’re on the bus, the train, or even sitting on your couch.
We’re going to guide you through the process. Quick and easy: With our guide, we show you how easy it is to sign and send documents through your iPhone on the go.
- Why should you use your iPhone to sign documents digitally?
- The significance of electronic signatures
- Instructions on how to add your signature to an attachment before sending it through email on your iPhone
- Instructions on how to sign a PDF on your iPhone with PDF Expert
- On your iPhone, you may sign a document using the Photos App
- On your iPhone, you may sign documents from screenshots
- Wrapping Up
Why should you use your iPhone to sign documents digitally?
Just as the name implies, a digital signature is a contemporary alternative to signing papers using paper and ink. When used in digital communications, it ensures that the contents of a message are not changed while it is being sent and aids in the prevention of impersonation and tampering.
The significance of electronic signatures
In today’s fast-paced world, it is impossible to visit each and every place and sign all of your paperwork. Consider the following scenario: you need to sign a document for an investment in another country. Even if you’d be too busy getting to the location, signing the paperwork is an essential step that must not be missed. If you find yourself in this situation, signing papers on your iPhone is the most convenient solution. On the other hand, no one can modify the signature or edit the content after you sign the document, which is usually in PDF format.
Instructions on how to add your signature to an attachment before sending it through email on your iPhone
To send a PDF from your iPhone to someone who requires a signature, you must first complete the following procedures:
- To make it available from your iPhone, make sure the PDF is saved in an accessible folder, such as OneDrive or another online service.
- In your email, include the file as an attachment (pdf).
- Select Markup from the toolbar after selecting the attachment.
- Swipe down to the section on the document where you’ll be signing your name.
- Tap the Plus icon in the Markup toolbar at the bottom of the screen to add the signature.
- Write your signature using your fingertip or a stylus if this is your first time.
- If you want to start anew, use the “clear” button.
- To submit your signature, press “Done” when you’re finished.
- Place the text box for your signature in the appropriate location. By sliding one of the corners of the box, you may also change the size of the box.
- To finish adding your signature, hit Done in the top left corner when you’re satisfied with the size and placement.
- Finish your email and send it to the recipient.
Instructions on how to sign a PDF on your iPhone with PDF Expert
PDF Expert offers the biggest signing experience available if you’re a die-hard Apple lover. Using PDF Expert, you can digitally sign any document from your iPhone, even if you’re not at your desk. Follow these steps:
- Open the paper that you wish to sign.
- Fill & Sign may be found on the top toolbar.
- Tap Signature.
- Choose “Create New Signature” from the menu bar to add your own signature.
- Customer Signature is an option if you need another person to sign a PDF. A one-time signature that is not kept in the app and cannot be copied to other papers is used for this purpose.
- Sign your name with a scribble. Color and thickness may be selected from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Adjust the position where you wish to place the signature.
- You can move and resize a signature inside a document.
On your iPhone, you may sign a document using the Photos App
Using this option, you may self-attest an ID proof or a snapshot of any receipt, which is quite convenient. Here’s how you go about it.
- Open the Photos App on your iPhone.
- You should now open the picture that you wish to sign.
- Located in the top-right corner of the Photos App is an option to “Edit.”
- Click on the three dots to see an options menu on your top right.
- Select the Markup tool from the drop-down menu and press the Plus button.
- Make use of the “Add Signature” feature.
- The following stages are the same as those described in the previous sections: signature > edit > done.
- To finalize the changes, click on the “Done” button.
On your iPhone, you may sign documents from screenshots
Taking a snapshot of a document on your iPhone is one of the most efficient methods of signing. You may do this quickly and simply by following these steps:
- To take a screenshot of a document, simultaneously press the side and volume up buttons.
- Click on the snapshot preview button in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Press the plus (+) sign in the bottom-right corner to add more words.
- Select Signature.
- Select an existing signature or create a new one.
- Sign the paper by placing your signature on it.
By knowing how to sign a document on the iPhone, you can ensure that your signatures and papers are not manipulated or altered. We live in a digital age, so we must sign documents using digital methods to increase our confidentiality. And as described in this post, your iPhone is an effective device for accomplishing this goal.