It’s always a pleasure to combine Apple and Android devices. Though these two industry giants’ products do not easily integrate with one another, you can employ alternative methods, such as third-party applications, to do so. Therefore, the pairing of your Android phone with the HomePod is not as difficult as you would think. So, here’s how to play music from an Android phone on the HomePod.
What is an Apple HomePod, and how does it work?
Let’s take a closer look at the Homepod before we get into “how to play music from an Android to a Homepod.” In terms of sound quality, Apple’s HomePod is perhaps the best wireless smart speaker currently on the market. It’s a fantastic speaker that comes with Siri pre-installed. With this stylish device, you can give commands, listen to music, and do many other things. It’s similar to an iPod. Only it doesn’t have a screen.
Consider the HomePod mainly as a voice-activated, high-performance wireless speaker, with its “smart” functions as a bonus. Setting up the HomePod requires you to link it with an iCloud ID, a free account that can manage many of Apple’s services. You must also set it up using an iOS smartphone that is compatible with the HomePod.
How to Play Music from an Android Phone to a HomePod: The Step-By-Step Procedure
Several third-party apps, such as CloudPlayer and AirMusic, are available to help you with this. Depending on which app you use, the method may be somewhat different. So let’s get to know both ways a little better.
How to play music from an Android phone on a HomePod with CloudPlayer
If you want to use the CloudPlayer application, follow these steps:
- CloudPlayer is available for free download on your Android phone straight from the Google Play Store.
- Decide which songs will be streamed on the HomePod after downloading and installing CloudPlayer. To do so, choose a radio station that plays the music you like and tune into it. By tapping on Magic Radio and picking the station of your choice, you can do this.
With an Android phone and the HomePod, you are no longer restricted to listening to just radio stations, which is quite convenient. Any other form of music saved in your Google Drive may be accessed with the CloudPlayer application. This may be accomplished by tapping on folders containing songs or albums. And then, you just have to tap on the track you want to listen to on the HomePod.
How to play music from an Android phone on a HomePod with AirMusic
To use AirMusic, you must first download and install it from the Google Play Store. And to test the app’s functionality before spending $4.49 on the full version, you may download the free trial version first. Now, follow the steps given below:
- Look for a menu button at the top of AirMusic’s settings tab. Then touch “General settings” to see all of the options available to you under that heading. To utilize the built-in audio recording capabilities of Android 10, choose “Native recording (experimental)” from the drop-down menu under “Select your audio source.”
- There are many different types of receivers that AirMusic can connect to on the main page of the Android app. These include AirPlay, DLNA, Fire TVs, and even Google Cast devices that you can use to play music. Select the AirPlay device you want to broadcast to from this list by tapping on it.
- A prompt should appear, asking whether you wish to enable AirMusic to “Start recording or casting.” Click “Allow.” A confirmation dialog box should appear. “Start now” will start the recording, which will be utilized to broadcast the content to your AirPlay device.
- You’ll be asked for permission to read your notifications the first time you connect to a receiver. This is an optional feature that allows AirPlay sharing of “Now Playing” information. Go to the appropriate page in the Android Settings app and press “Enable listener” to activate this feature. Then, tap the AirMusic app in the list and toggle the box to “Allow notification access.” Depending on your phone, the actual flow can be a little different than this.
- After that, you’re all set to play! Start listening to your favorite music by launching your preferred music application.
Use AirPlay-Compatible Apps:
Some third-party music streaming apps on Android, like Spotify or Pandora, may have AirPlay support. Install one of these apps and look for the AirPlay icon within the app’s interface. Tap the icon and select your HomePod from the list of available devices.
While HomePod does not support Bluetooth streaming, you can try using an external Bluetooth receiver connected to your HomePod. Pair your Android phone with the Bluetooth receiver, and then connect the receiver to the HomePod using an auxiliary cable.
Use a Third-Party App:
There might be third-party apps available on the Google Play Store that claim to enable streaming to Apple HomePod from Android. Search for “HomePod” or “AirPlay” on the Play Store to see if any such apps are available. Keep in mind that these apps might have limitations or may not work as seamlessly as native Apple devices.
It’s worth noting that Apple frequently updates its software and product features, so it’s possible that the compatibility between Android and Apple HomePod may have changed since my last knowledge update. Checking for any updated information from Apple or conducting an internet search for the latest methods to connect Android with HomePod would be a good idea.
You can stream music from an Android phone to your HomePod using the outlined methods. Numerous third-party applications are at your disposal, as previously noted. Our favorites, though, seem to be the most effective. What about trying the premium versions of the applications if you want extra features? Enjoy your favorite music from your Android device on your HomePod now!