Have trouble finding the GIF you’re looking for? Why not create your own? If you know how to create a GIF on your iPhone, you can share it with your pals and have a lot of fun with it. In today’s digital world, texting and chatting are significant ways of contact for almost everyone. Without nonverbal cues like tone and body language, written communication might come off as lifeless and disinterested. Most of us have realized that messages alone aren’t enough to communicate our feelings.
Emojis and animated GIFs are used to provide life to text chats. There are already a lot of GIFs available online. Still, there are instances when you can’t locate what you’re searching for. GIFs are easy to create for iPhone users with a few simple presses of the phone’s home button.
What exactly are GIFs?
When Steve Wilhite, a US software programmer, was exploring a means to animate graphics while maintaining the shortest possible file size, he came up with the Graphical Interchange Format (GIF). In a nutshell, GIFs are a succession of images or soundless videos that will constantly loop without the need for the viewer to touch the play button.
Giving a GIF is pretty much similar to sending a little surprise to your receiver. They nearly always manage to put a grin on everyone’s face. And these messages are succinct and to the point. Moreover, they provide greater insight into what you’re honestly thinking and feeling when you send them. All of which may improve the overall quality of the message and your contact with the person who receives it. You can find hundreds of GIFs online, but you will sometimes need your own creations, too.
Step-by-step instructions on how to make a GIF on your iPhone
One of the following approaches could be worth trying in this situation:
1. Make an animated GIF using Giphy’s quick steps.
GIF-making apps are the best way to make a good GIF that will work on any device or app. Giphy is the app of choice for us. Free app: GIPHY lets you create animated GIFs with different types of media, like photos and videos, as well as other GIFs. You can make GIFs from any of these types of media. Is it clear to you why it’s the top GIF creator on the market?
The following are the steps to creating a GIF:
1. The GIPHY app is available for download from the App Store. Once it has been completed, it should be launched.
2. Create a GIPHY account and sign in with your credentials to get started. You can sign up for this in a matter of seconds by logging in with your Apple ID.
3. To begin, click on the “Create” button in the upper-right corner of the display.
4. Select the “pictures” icon, which may be found at the bottom of the screen.
5. All of the live photographs and media on your iPhone are now available for you to choose from. Choose the one you wish to convert into a GIF from the list.
6. Stickers, text, and effects may be added using the buttons at the bottom of the screen.
7. Touching the purple arrow in the bottom-right corner of the picture or video will allow you to save it.
8. At the bottom of the screen, click on “Save GIF.” To save the GIF to your iPhone, do this.
Alternative options include sharing GIFs immediately after creating them or uploading GIFs onto an application that anybody can access.
2. Save Live Photos as GIFs instead of JPGs
You will see a couple of seconds of animation captured in Live Photos on each side of the photo you snap. Keep your finger on them for a few seconds, and you will watch them come to life. Using the camera app, touch the concentric circles at the top of the screen to take live images of your surroundings. Your iPhone’s Photos app, which comes preloaded, may be used to convert these images into animated GIFs.
A live picture may be turned into a GIF by opening the Photos app and looking for that particular shot. If you choose Albums at the bottom of the app and then scroll down to the list of media kinds, you will be able to find them quickly. Live Photos will be one of the options available. By navigating through your albums, you’ll be able to see all of your live photos quickly.
1. Drag your live photo upwards once it has been picked. Among the features you’ll find are a selection of effects, a map displaying the location where the picture was shot, and related image categories.
2. You may choose between the loop and bounce animations.
3. Drag your live shot to the top of the screen, choose Loop or Bounce, and then share. That is all there is to it.
Simply follow these instructions. Share the GIF by clicking the Share button and then using the GIF in an email or on Twitter. When you return to the Albums page, you’ll see that one of the choices under the Media Types heading is “Animated.” You’ll be able to find all of the live photographs that you’ve converted into GIFs in this folder.
3. Make use of the Shortcuts application
After holding down the camera shutter button for a longer period of time than it takes to snap a single photograph, iOS 14 will open the video camera instead of the photo burst function, as it did in previous versions of the software. Instead, you must press and hold the shutter button while moving it to the left to capture a photograph burst with various still frames in full definition.
Please keep in mind that it may take some time to get used to this specific action. Because they are shown in succession, burst images resemble the flipbook animation produced to attract activity or create special effects when you don’t feel like making a scene. They are handy for creating animated GIFs on your iPhone using the Shortcuts app, which is included with the device. We’ve looked at ways to go about it. Take the following steps:
1. Start by launching the Shortcuts app, which comes pre-installed on all iPhones running iOS 12 or later.
2. Look for and download the GIF converter shortcut, Convert Burst to GIF. You should also download the “Convert Video to GIF” shortcut during this process. Gallery > Photography > Convert Burst to GIF or Gallery > All the GIFs may be used to find them if they don’t appear in a search.
3. Accept any requests from the app to provide it access to your photos or videos if you are requested to do so.
4. By pressing the arrow in the window’s bottom-right corner, you may activate the shortcut. It will display a list of all of the burst photographs that you have taken.
5. Choosing one will result in a GIF being created in no time whatsoever.
6. After you click Done, you will be given the option of sharing the GIF or saving it to your photographs.
Do you like animated GIFs? Have you ever tried your hand at creating a GIF? Are you planning to experiment with creating a GIF from your live photos? Yes, animated GIFs are more expressive and entertaining at the same time. Make use of the instructions offered on how to create a GIF on the iPhone to develop your creative side as well. Make use of your imagination while creating GIFs and have fun.