Sending a fax is becoming outdated and replaced day by day with electronic media such as email. But still, it is used sometimes. Fax machines are not available everywhere. So it is becoming difficult to send fax messages. However, now you may not need a fax machine to send a fax message. It can be done using your mobile phone. So, in this article, let’s take a look at how to send a fax from iPhone.
How to send Fax messages from iPhone apps
To send a fax message you need to download a fax app for iPhone from the apps store. All the fax apps function similarly. You can attach a text document or a photo to fax. Then all you need to do is to enter the number and send the message. It’s simple as that. Let’s take FAX.Plus iOS app for an example and see how to do it.
Download Fax.Plus App
- Download Plus iOS app from the Apps store
- Open the app and use Gmail or Facebook account to register for the app. You will have to provide a mobile number and verify it to complete the registration.
Send a fax using a text file or scanned document from iPhone.
- Open the app and go to the “Send fax tab”. Type in the fax number which you need to send the document in the “TO” field in the tab.
- Click on “Add file” to attach the fax file. Here you can either attach a text document, scanned Pdf document, or a taken picture of the document.
- Add a cover page or extra text using the “Add text” button.
- Hit “Send” to send the fax.
Send fax by scanning a document by the camera.
- Open the app and go to the “Send fax” tab. Type the number to which you want to send the fax.
- Now click on the “Add file”. Select the option “Scan with camera”
- Grant permission to open the camera.
- When the camera is opened, take clear pictures of the document.
- Edit the photo as you want by cropping and other changes.
- The scanned pictures will be added as the fax message. Hit “Send” to send the Fax document.
Tips for scanning the document
- Take the document to a place where there is better lighting.
- Hold the camera directly above the document while scanning
- Avoid the projection of shadows on top of the document
- Increase the contrast of the picture to get see the text clearly in the document
Send fax from iCloud drive
- Open the app and go to the “Send fax tab”.
- Click on the “Add file” button then select “iCloud drive”.
- Select the file you need to send from the drive.
- Enter the recipient fax number on the “TO” field.
- Hit the “send” button to send.
iPhone fax apps
In the apple store, there are many apps you can download to send a fax. Some of these apps are free and others you will have to purchase. In some fax apps, you will be able to send free fax messages. Free apps may have limitations such as pages per fax, a limited set of countries, a limit of fax messages per day, etc. Some of the popular apps are given below.