In general, all devices regardless of brand or operating system are prone to momentary failures; but you can solve these problems without having to take it to the technical service; In this case, we will show you everything to do if the camera of your Xiaomi mobile has problems.
It is common for these problems to occur in the Xiaomi camera, they are usually caused by software failures or frequent use; If you have already tried to turn the mobile off and on and you cannot find solutions, you should try these tips.
Update your mobile to the latest Firmware version
The problem may be due to the fact that you have the previous version on your mobile and you need to update it; for this, you must do the following:
- Go to Settings
- Click on the option “About the phone”
- Click on “System updates”
- After performing these steps you must update the device ( If a new version is available )
We recommend that you check if a new version of the camera is available; To update it, all you have to do is access the settings and then click on System application updates. It is important that you do not neglect your mobile, old versions can stop the process of many functions on the device.
Clear the Camera app data
Deleting the data from the app is a good alternative to solve the problems that the Xiaomi camera presents, you must follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Enter Applications
- Click on Manage applications
- Tap on Camera
- After following these steps clear the cache and clean the data; If after this, the camera works normally, the problem could be due to a bad update or there was a configuration error.
If you have done all the steps already mentioned and the Xiaomi camera has the same problems, you must restore the mobile; We advise you to have a recent backup or save the content that you do not want to lose on other devices since by performing this step your Smartphone will restore the factory settings.
- Go to Settings
- Click on Additional Settings
- Hit Backup and reset
- Locate the option to Reset Factory data
- After following the indicated steps, your mobile will be like new and your camera will surely be fixed.
Rule out hardware errors with CIT
The CIT is a hidden menu with which we can detect if the camera hardware or more components are malfunctioning; To rule out these problems you must do the following:
- Enter Settings
- Click on the “About the phone” section
- In the menu click on “All specifications”.
- Tap five times on “Kernel version”
- Verify on the screen the number of touches that are left to enter the CIT; When you are in the menu you will be able to see a list with all the components of the mobile.
Continuing with the CIT menu you should look for: Master Back Camera (main lens) Vice Back Camera (the secondary lens) and Aux Back Camera (leftover lenses), then click on each one to check the faults; If the component has no problems, press OK and to finish, “Pass” will appear in green, this means there is no problem.
If after performing this test you still cannot handle the camera, it is advisable to take the mobile for technical service.
Recommendations on How to fix Xiaomi Camera Issues
- If your camera looks blurry, we recommend that you maintain a good cleaning of the lenses; To do this, you must do it with a wet wipe and then dry with a microfiber cloth .
- Do not use detergents to clean the lens.
- When taking a picture, try not to have your fingers touching the camera, in this way you will not have problems with blur.
- If you have trouble focusing on the camera, make sure the Macro Lens is turned off.
- Stay tuned in the CIT menu to rule out problems with the camera or another component on the mobile.