Navigating Amazon’s vast marketplace opens up a world of shopping possibilities, allowing you to make purchases from a multitude of countries, regardless of your location. However, exploring products from a different country necessitates adjusting the country settings on your Amazon account through the Amazon app. This feature proves especially useful when traveling internationally for a brief period, such as flying from the United States to Canada to visit a relative and wanting to make a purchase from the Canadian marketplace.
If you’re encountering challenges in figuring out how to switch countries on Amazon, here are straightforward methods to change your country and language preferences within the Amazon shopping app.
Locating Your Amazon Account Country
When you embark on travels and reside in a different location for an extended duration, your Amazon account maintains its original country setting and doesn’t automatically adapt to your current location. To ascertain whether your account has switched countries, pay attention to certain indicators that reveal the current country setting on your Amazon app.
Several methods can help identify the country associated with your Amazon app. Let’s start with the simplest approach: Launch the Amazon Shopping app on your mobile device and examine the URL displayed in the search bar at the top.
For instance, if the Amazon app displays “Amazon.com,” it signifies the United States as the selected country. The tail end of the Amazon domain mentioned in the URL provides clues about your Amazon app’s country settings. Here are a few examples:
– Canada – Amazon.ca
– United Kingdom – Amazon.co.uk
– Australia – Amazon.com.au
– United Arab Emirates – Amazon.ae
– India – Amazon.in
– Singapore – Amazon.sg
– Germany – Amazon.de
The specific domain tail mentioned in the URL may vary based on your Amazon app’s country settings. Ensure that you have accurately configured it to the desired country before commencing your shopping endeavors.
Changing Country Settings Across Amazon Platforms
Navigating through Amazon’s diverse offerings becomes seamless when your country settings align with your location. Whether you’re using the Amazon Shopping app, website, or services like Prime Video, adjusting your country settings is key to accessing region-specific content. This guide provides step-by-step instructions on changing country settings on various Amazon platforms.
Changing Country/Region on the Amazon Website:
If you simply want to shop from a different country without altering your account preferences, follow these steps:
- Open your preferred web browser and visit the Amazon website.
- Below the search bar, click on the country/language drop-down.
- Choose “Change Country/Region” from the list of options.
- Under ‘Select your preferred country/region website,’ pick the desired country.
This change is temporary, and for a permanent adjustment, proceed to the next method.
Updating Your Amazon Account Country:
For a more comprehensive adjustment, especially if you’ve moved to a new country, follow these steps:
- Visit the Amazon website, sign in to your account, and click on “Account & Lists.”
- Select ‘Manage your content & devices’ from the drop-down menu.
- Switch to the ‘Preferences’ tab and click on ‘Country/Region Settings.’
- Beside your current country, click ‘Change.’
- Update your billing information, select the new country from the drop-down, and click ‘Update.’
Your Amazon account country is now changed permanently.
Changing Country on Amazon App:
To adjust your country settings using the Amazon mobile app, follow these steps:
- Open the Amazon app on your Android or iPhone.
- Tap the hamburger menu at the top-right corner.
- Expand the Settings menu and tap on ‘Country & Language.’
- Select ‘Country/Region’ and update your new country.
- Change the language if necessary and tap ‘Done.’
Your country settings on the Amazon app are now successfully updated.
Changing Country in Amazon Prime Video:
If you’re interested in accessing country-specific content on Prime Video, follow these guidelines:
- Change your Amazon account country using the steps mentioned earlier.
- Amazon will automatically transfer your Prime Membership and Prime Video to the new country account.
Alternatively, you can use a VPN service such as NordVPN or ExpressVPN to change your Prime Video country. Connect to a VPN server based on your preference, clear your browser cache, log in to Prime Video, and enjoy region-specific content.
Conclusion: Changing Country in Amazon
This comprehensive guide covers the various methods to change country settings on Amazon, ensuring a tailored shopping and streaming experience. Feel free to share this guide with others and let us know in the comments if you need further assistance.