Knowing how to hard reset an Apple watch is pretty useful for addressing common glitches. To fix most issues, you just need to do a soft reset. But what if the problem continues? It’s best to do a hard reset if your Apple Watch keeps freezing and locking up despite many attempts to turn it off and on.
A few seconds are all it takes to complete this simple procedure. The next sections address various important topics, such as how to hard reset an Apple watch without a passcode, how to hard reset an Apple Watch without the iPhone, and so on. Let’s get things started.
- How to hard reset the Apple Watch (from Series 1-3)
- How to hard reset your Apple Watch Series 4 to 6
- Resetting an Apple Watch Series 7
- How to Hard Reset Your Apple Watch without an iPhone
- How to Hard Reset an Apple Watch Without an Apple ID
- How to Hard Reset Your Apple Watch Without the Passcode
- Wrapping Up | Hard Reset Apple Watch
How to hard reset the Apple Watch (from Series 1-3)
The following sections walk you through the methods for doing a hard reset on your Apple Watch Series 1 to 3. To avoid any misunderstandings, please note that this action is irreversible. All of your data and the device’s passcode will be erased when this is done. It would help if you always began with a soft reset, fixing most minor faults.
Hard-resetting Apple Watch Series 1 and 2
The hard-resetting method for Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 is the same:
- Keep holding the side key down until the letters “Watch Options” appear on the screen.
- The next step is to press and hold the power off option for a few seconds.
- The “Erase all content and settings” option should appear when you release your finger.
- To clear all content and settings, just tap the option.
We’ve Done It! You’ll just have to wait a few seconds until your watch is ready to use.
Hard-resetting Apple Watch Series 3
The procedure is a little different from resetting series 1 and 2. First of all, make sure your Apple Watch is connected to the charger:
- By tapping the side button on your Apple Watch, you can ensure that it is turned on.
- Until the watch options appear, keep holding down the side button.
- Keep pressing and holding the power off tab for the reset window to appear.
- To erase all content and settings, tap on the option that appears.
- Confirm the reset when the option appears.
It’s all done! After doing a hard reset, double-check to ensure that the problem is no longer present.
How to hard reset your Apple Watch Series 4 to 6
The method is rather straightforward compared to the Apple Watch Series 1 to 3.
- To get the watch to hard reset, press and hold the side-mounted Home button and the digital crown button simultaneously. Keep holding both buttons until the Apple logo shows, then release them.
You’ve performed a hard reset on your Apple Watch.
Resetting an Apple Watch Series 7
In this case, the procedures to be followed are a bit different:
- By pressing the crown button on your Apple Watch Series 7 45mm, you may first bring up the display on the device.
- Then, to open the home screen, press the digital crown on your device.
- Go to the Settings menu and choose that option.
- After that, choose the “General” option.
- Then choose “Reset” from the drop-down menu.
- “Erase all content and settings” is the next option to tap.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
- Once you’ve done that, click Erase all to confirm your action and begin the reset process.
- Wait for your watch to display the “Welcome” screen.
How to Hard Reset Your Apple Watch without an iPhone
If you have an iPhone connected to your Apple Watch, you may quickly do a hard reset. It’s true, though, that you can do it without an iPhone by following these steps.
- Go to the Apple Watch’s Settings app.
- Click “General” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom and press “Reset.”
- Remove all content and settings by selecting Erase All Content and Settings
- You must enter your passcode when requested if you are using one.
- Swipe down and choose “Erase All & Keep Plan” or “Erase All” from the menu if you have a cellular watch.
How to Hard Reset an Apple Watch Without an Apple ID
The process comprises additional steps compared to the previous methods:
- To activate the Apple Watch, just raise your wrist.
- To bring all of the applications onto the screen, press the “Digital Crown” button.
- Then, look for the “Settings” application.
- Tap the “General” option.
- Tap “Reset” after you’ve scrolled all the way down.
- “Erase All Content and Settings” is the option to choose at this point.
- Enter the passcode if prompted.
- “Are you sure you want to continue?” will be the message that you will see on the Apple watch screen.
- Hit the “Erase All” option.
The Apple Watch will take a few minutes to complete the restoring and backing up procedure.
The Apple logo will appear on the screen after the backup and restore processes have been completed.
How to Hard Reset Your Apple Watch Without the Passcode
A surprising number of Apple Watch owners forget their passcodes. Is this the end of your Apple watch? Not at all. It will be required to reset your Apple Watch and set it up again if you have forgotten your passcode. After a hard reset, it may take some time to set up the watch again. But it is much preferable to leaving your watch in the drawer, as you can’t use it without the passcode. Keep your watch plugged in while you follow these instructions.
- Until you see the text “Power Off,” hold down the side button.
- To erase all content and settings, press and hold down the Digital Crown until you see “Erase all content and settings.”
- Hit Reset once and then tap Reset again to confirm your action.
- Wait for the procedure to be completed before resetting your Apple Watch. If you’re asked to restore from a previous backup, do so.
Wrapping Up | Hard Reset Apple Watch
How to Hard Reset the Apple Watch is a hot topic, as it helps users resolve minor issues. As discussed in today’s guide, the process for hard resetting your Apple watch might differ based on the series you have on your wrist. With the procedures outlined in this detailed article, you can easily hard reset your Apple watch without a passcode, an Apple ID, or an iPhone.