So, you’re one of the many video game enthusiasts who are looking for a thorough answer to the question, “How to play Fortnite on iPhone?” You have come to the right place. A dispute between Apple and Epic Games resulted in Fortnite being removed from the App Store without warning in 2020. It was a shock to gamers all around the globe when Epic Games decided to discontinue the standard method of downloading Fortnite on iPhones and iPads.
Apple and Epic Games have been engaged in months-long legal battles, with iOS customers unable to play Fortnite on their iPhones during the period of the litigation. However, it seems like things may be about to change after months of back-and-forth. NVIDIA GeForce Now will allow you to play the game in Safari on your iOS device even if it isn’t returning to the App Store.
What is GeForce Now?
It’s similar to Google Stadia, Cloud Gaming with Xbox Game Pass, Shadow, or PlayStation Now. Nvidia GeForce Now is a service that lets you play games that are saved on remote servers and streamed over the internet to a device that can play them.
With more than 20 data centers throughout the globe, it allows you to access the most easily accessible data center for you. In addition, the greatest Nvidia graphics cards are available based on your membership plan selection (RTX). As a result, no matter what your hardware specs are, they’ll look great.
In contrast to most of its competitors, GeForce Now does not sell games or provide access to a selection of titles from its own curated library. You can play the games you already have or plan to buy via your Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG, or Uplay online accounts instead.
GeForce Now doesn’t work with all games. Some publishers don’t let you play their games through it, but there are still a lot of them.
How to Play Fortnite on iPhone with NVIDIA GeForce Now
You’ll need to set up GeForce on your iPhone first to get started. This applies to all, regardless of whether you’ve been authorized for the closed beta or are still awaiting confirmation through email. The bad news is that, due to Apple’s App Store policies, which prohibit cloud-based gaming applications, you’ll have to access GeForce Now via Safari. Good news: the web app has been refined to the point where it resembles a genuine iOS application.
It’s not as straightforward as just going to the GeForce Now website and signing up for the service. To get GeForce Now running and play Fortnite on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Browse the web with Safari on your iPhone.
- Go to the website, nvidia.com.
- On the iPhone, tap the “Share” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap “Add to Home Screen.”
- Save it by giving it a name (for example, GFN) and pressing OK.
- GeForce Now is now a shortcut on your home screen, and it can be moved or deleted like any other application.
- To launch the app and accept the terms and conditions, just tap on it.
- Sign in to your GeForce Now account by tapping the icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Settings from the menu bar (located at the top-left of the screen).
- Follow the on-screen prompts to sync your Epic Games account with your GeForce Now account to complete the process. As a result, you will be able to play Fortnite on your iPhone.
How to re-download and play Fortnite on your iPhone
Players who previously played and downloaded the game on their iPhones will be able to re-download it without difficulty and quickly. Simply because it will still show up in the App Store’s “purchased” section. Here’s how to re-download it on your iPhone:
- Navigate to the Apple App Store.
- In the top-right corner, click Account.
- Select the “All Purchases” option from the Accounts drop-down menu.
- To access your purchases, just go to My Purchases. It will provide a list of all the apps purchased.
- In the search field, type in the name of the game you want to play. In this case, it’s Fortnite.
- When the game appears in the search results, click on the download option.
How do you play Fortnite on an iPhone if you have never downloaded the game before?
If you’ve never downloaded Fortnite on your iPhone before, what are your options? One way to solve this could be to link your account to someone else’s through Family Sharing.
As long as you have a Family Sharing account and your family members have downloaded the app in the past, you should be able to get the app on your iPhone. The following are the steps to setting up family sharing:
- Launch the Settings application.
- To access your Apple ID settings, just tap on your name.
- Tap “Set Up Family Sharing...” now. It will just mention “Family Sharing” if you have previously set up the service on your device.
- Turn on purchase sharing by selecting it in the Sharing Purchases section.
- You’ll also need to add a way to pay. Your credit card information will be used to pay for any family sharing downloads if you set up Family Sharing and provide your card information.
- Return to the App Store by following the instructions outlined above.
- Tap on the name icon.
- Tap on “purchased.”
- Tap on the account of a family member.
- Now go through all of the applications till you come across Fortnite.
So, now that you’ve learned how to play Fortnite on your iPhone, you’re thrilled. Keep in mind that Nvidia is, to our knowledge, the only game streaming provider with whom Epic Games is collaborating on Fortnite. As mentioned previously, this is due to a deposition in the Apple/Epic litigation. Because Epic is concerned that Microsoft’s xCloud service would compete with Epic’s own PC products, Epic is not allowing Microsoft to provide Fortnite as part of its xCloud service.