Approximately 450 million users use the WhatsApp Status Feature every day, making it the most widely used feature on the platform. The next thing that comes to mind is how to download WhatsApp videos on both Android and iPhone smartphones. Is it possible to download the current status of another person? In short, yes. There are a variety of techniques that you may use to download the current status of another person. But, how do you do it?
Simply follow these easy instructions, and you will be able to get it on your Android or iPhone device without difficulty.
- How Do You Download WhatsApp Status Videos on Android?
- Method 1: Manually save the status files on your Android smartphone (using File Manager)
- Method 2: Save status files with the help of a specialist application
- How Can You Download WhatsApp Status Videos On Your iPhone?
- Method 1: Make use of the BuildStore
- Method 2: Make use of a screen recording application
- Method 3: Using WhatsApp Pocket, you may save your WhatsApp status on your iPad or iPhone.
- Final Thoughts
How Do You Download WhatsApp Status Videos on Android?
There are two options to save the current WhatsApp status quickly and easily. The first method is to make use of a specialized app. Alternatively, if you just need to save the statuses occasionally, you may utilize the manual method. Both of these concepts are discussed in greater depth below.
Method 1: Manually save the status files on your Android smartphone (using File Manager)
The status files (videos in this case) are stored locally on the phone by WhatsApp. They are, however, automatically deleted after 24 hours. It is thus possible to copy them out of the temporary folder and store them in a secure place. Here’s how it’s done:
Please remember that you will need a file manager application to complete this task. The majority of smartphones (including those from Samsung, LG, Sony, Xiaomi, and OnePlus) come pre-installed. You can find it by searching for “Files” or “File Manager” on the Play Store. It is possible to download and employ Solid Explorer or ES File Explorer if there is no built-in file manager (as is the case with Nokia Android phones). Here’s the procedure:
- View the current state that you want to download and save. This creates a temporary copy in the phone’s storage.
- Launch your “File Manager” application—File Manager, Solid Explorer, or similar app.
- Turn on “show hidden files.”
- It is necessary to go into your file manager’s settings and enable the showing of hidden files.
- Go to internal storage > WhatsApp > Media > Statuses.
- Copy the videos that you wish to save.
- Then copy them to another folder.
That’s all there is to it! The copied videos will be kept on file indefinitely. You may get to them later by going to the folder where they were copied and opening it.
Method 2: Save status files with the help of a specialist application
You may store your friend’s WhatsApp status by using a third-party app rather than dealing with the hassle of doing it yourself. The app will automatically gather all of the statuses you’ve seen and present them in a logical order. Here’s how to do it:
- Open WhatsApp and scroll through the list of statuses you want to save or download.
- Install Status Saver from the Google Play Store on your Android device. You may also access it on your browser or Play Store by clicking here.
- From the Google Play Store, download Status Saver.
- Allowing the app access to your files on your smartphone is highly recommended. Because that is the method through which the app will access the storage to gather WhatsApp Status files.
- Select the video that you wish to save and then touch on the Save icon to begin the saving process.
- Your phone’s internal storage will store any video you save.
It’s done! You have just saved a copy of your friend’s WhatsApp status/story, which will be stored indefinitely.
How Can You Download WhatsApp Status Videos On Your iPhone?
The official WhatsApp app for the iPhone does not have any buttons that would allow you to download someone’s WhatsApp status, which is a disappointment. However, you can follow the following methods to make it happen.
Method 1: Make use of the BuildStore
To do so, you must have a BuildStore account.
- Start by removing the original WhatsApp application from your iPhone.
- Create an account on BuildStore to register your iPhone.
- Open your Safari browser and go to this page to download WhatsApp ++.
- Open WhatsApp++ and create a new account using a legitimate phone number.
- Navigate to the WhatsApp stories section of the app.
- To download, click on the button in the upper right corner and choose a location to save the file after that.
Method 2: Make use of a screen recording application
If you want to store your WhatsApp status on your iPhone, you may use this simple approach. All that is required of you is to follow the instructions outlined below.
- Navigate to Settings >> Control Center to begin.
- You will find a gray record button at this point.
- To use the microphone, press the microphone button.
- After that, click on the “Start Recording” button. There will be a three-second countdown after that.
- Open the WhatsApp app and choose the Status option from the menu bar.
- Start by viewing your favorite status. And after you have finished watching what you were searching for, you must end the video recording.
- You can open the Control Center and then press the Red Record Button. Alternatively, you may use the Stop button on the red status bar at the top of your screen.
Method 3: Using WhatsApp Pocket, you may save your WhatsApp status on your iPad or iPhone.
WhatsApp Pocket is a desktop application that is downloadable for both Windows and Mac computers. It also includes a WhatsApp data recovery tool. To aid in expanding their company’s operations, they have launched a new function that allows users to save images and videos published as status updates on Whatsapp. Check out the step-by-step technique for saving a status on Whatsapp below:
It’s easy to download, install, and run WhatsApp Pocket on a PC.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC.
- Select your device and hit the Scan button to begin the scan. Wait until the scan is completed before proceeding.
- At the end of the scan, a list of WhatsApp conversations will be displayed. To get a preview of any WhatsApp conversation, just click on it.
- The media assets from your friends’ WhatsApp statuses, such as images, photos, and gifs, are available in this section.
- Save it to your PC by clicking the “Export Attachment” button.
Yes, you were successful. You have downloaded the WhatsApp status of a friend of yours.
We hope you understand how to make the WhatsApp status video download procedure a successful and painless one for iPhone and Android devices. So, give it a go today and see if you can get your favorite status from your friends.